Monday, June 2, 2008

Holy Shit! Take II

i was accepted into the scriptwriters/houston 10x10 festival of short plays again this year. if you were sitting around me during the announcement, you heard me utter: "ho-ly shit."

i honestly did not expect to be chosen this year.

i submitted a piece i wrote for an afternoon reading series that a friend ask me to take part in. i wrote it over the weekend....with about another hour of some editing/reworking. i didn't even plan to submit anything... some friends told me i should. one friend kept telling me the play was a piece of shit... so i almost didn't.

but i did... and they chose it. i was actually the first winner announced... so it really took me by surprise.

i guess i did what i set out to do.... i've submitted three consecutive years and three consecutive years i've been chosen. it feels good.

oh! and this one is chock full of profanity and man on man intimacy. i can't wait to crack the faces of the old people who attend these plays.

tee-hee.

i'll fill you in on more details later...... right now, i'm enjoying a celebratory glass of wine.

e.

No comments: