Thursday, June 26, 2008

Et tu, TCM?

so i was flipping the channels and, as always, i immediately check out my favorite station: turner classic movies.

they're playing fucking rush hour 2. rush hour 2! not even fucking rush hour 1.

yes...with jackie chan and chris tucker.

are you fucking kidding me...?

and, yes, i understand that you're highlighting films with asian themes this month.... but rush hour 2?

this is turner classic movies, man! sure, you occassionaly play films like sense & sensibility with emma thompson... more contemporary movies with merit.

but rush hour 2...?

i swear to vishnu....if TCM goes the way of AMC (american movie classics), i may have to slit my wrists.

i mean...AMC used to have class. but now? commercials! and later tonight... i shit you not... they're playing missing in action 2: the beginning with huckabee supporter chuck norris.

but even AMC...that shithole of a network...is currently playing million dollar baby.

and i'll fucking take that movie WITH commericials over rush hour 2 any day.

TCM...ya done me wrong.

e.

1 comment:

CrazyMan said...

Yeah, I saw that and it ran shivers down my spine, for the same reasons. One of my greatest fears, (entertainment wise), is that TCM will go the way of AMC, and everytime I see something like this I want to weep.