Friday, November 30, 2007
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Monday, November 26, 2007
i spent the evening finishing the cleaning of the house and baking a beautiful, double-crust apple pie. i also made my mother's celery and sage dressing.
Monday, November 19, 2007
huge applause... and the rest of the night just went her way.
when obama tried to defend his potential tax hike to help social security, he twice said "tax break." hillary came back and corrected him: "i think you mean tax increase, because that's what it would be." she listens.
- what was with all the pre-debate analysis during the beginning of the debate time? how many hours did cnn have beforehand? oh - that's right. 24 hours.
- edwards first statement of the debate was: "nobody on this stage is perfect." john, give it up.
- enough with the canned answers! richardson's first answer was so canned it was pathetic. and edwards' "is that a planted question" remark was so out of place it just fell flat. there was no laughter.
- the first question to biden was 10 minutes in. he was the first candidate besides obama, clinton and edwards to speak.
- 20 minutes in kucinich got a sentence into the conversation...but still no direct question.
- 28 minutes in - the first question went directly to dodd.
- 30 minutes in, wolf blitzer piggy-backed a question on unions to kucinich.
- 50 minutes in, kucinich is asked the first question initially directed specifically to him.
- john roberts asks some really good questions. maybe he should moderate a debate on his own?
- dodd gave a great response on teacher "merit pay."
- happy birthday, governor richardson. when you blew out your candles, i hope you wished for better stage presence.
- i still don't think obama should be allowed to make any comments on the iran vote when he didn't even bother to show up (and he gave such a weak answer to why he wasn't there. "umm... i was running for president." yeah - so are clinton, dodd and biden.)
- kucinich has it out for edwards. he nailed him all night long.
- richardson shut down kucinich light an annoying gnat when he told him to stop lumping him in with the other candidates. he's not in congress, he reminded dennis.
- kucinich was really angry this debate. came across more bizarre than usual.
- chris dodd has tiny feet.
- biden mentioned potential impeachment of bush if he invades iran.
- an hour and half in, kucinich mentioned impeachment.
- apparently obama watches nbc nightly news and saw brokaw's interview with warren buffett.
- the audience portion of the debate really dragged. lose it.
- dodd said "here" 25 times. i doubt he got 25 minutes worth of air time.
meet the press quote of the week (a catch up)
i don't think we should be armchair generals...when we have people on the ground who apparently now know what they're doing.
i have admiration for senator clinton. i think she's a fine public servant. the reason i'm running is because i think we're at a unique moment in history right now. the nation's at war, our planet is in peril. we've got a series of decisions that we're gonna have to make and i believe i can more effectively, than any other candidate in this race, bring the country together, overcome some of the same old arguments we've been having since the 1990's and that i can reach out to the republicans and independents more effectively...
i think the obama folks know they had a bad night. the edwards folks had a really bad night. and this is just one night, but if he starts fading too quickly...that's actually not good for clinton. the quicker this is a two person race, the better for obama.
but my quote of the week goes to ron brownstein of the national journal, who provided this nugget:
not a leaf will fall in the forest between now and iowa and new hampshire without obama and edwards looking for a way to make this into a contrast with hillary clinton because that is ultimately what you have to do against a frontrunner.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
you can tell those stupid cunts [details removed to protect the innocent]... filthy, little wetbacks. they all need to go back to hell where they’re all living. and those sorry-ass preachers… wait till I make an appearance there in church next sunday. make those motherfuckers get down on the floor like dogs in heat.
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
An Obama spokesman, Ben LaBolt, last week declined to say where Obama's records from his years in the Illinois State Senate are located. There is no law mandating the state to archive the records. The records from Obama's office -- if he kept them -- would potentially show appointments with lobbyists, policy memos, meetings, etc.
Sen. Barack Obama has missed the most votes of any Democratic presidential hopeful in the Senate over the last two months, including a vote on an Iran resolution he has blasted Sen. Hillary Clinton for supporting.
The Illinois Democrat has missed nearly 80 percent of all votes since September.
Monday, November 5, 2007
believe me, my lovelies, when i say to you it took every ounce of restraint for me not to reply, "do you need some help?"
- the texans actually defeated the oakland raiders this weekend with schaub on the bench at the start of the game. that makes houston 4-5 going into the bye. i'm really hoping they can make their way to .500 this year.
- lsu and texas are some lucky motherfuckers. both teams should have more losses than they do. the tigers, in particular, were lucky this weekend. and that shift attempt to pull the crimson tide offsides was just cheap football.
- go ducks! i want oregon to play for the national title. (don't tell my lsu-alum sister-in-law.)
- peter king's monday morning QB on sportsillustrated.com has become one of the highlights of my week. if you're a football fan and you don't read this column, do yourself a favor.
- i'm not eating enough vegetables. i can't seem to get enough chips, however.... not good - and my body is starting to revolt.
- i've decided my christmas colors are blue and silver. very classy, i think.
- i'm not sure how the situation in pakistan is going to play out - but it kinda scares the shit out of me. its estimated the country has 30 nukes.... if you don't think the leader of that country has great ramifications on this country, think again.
- brian williams was kinda funny on SNL. too bad SNL isn't very funny.
- i have to get rid of my leftover halloween candy... this is not a good situation for me.